HEPA Contract Law Training
Date: 21st July 2020
Location: Online via MS Teams Live - 2-3pm
Tuesday 21st July
If you’re concerned about reviewing contract terms in the wake of Covid-19 or generally, then please come along to a free – 1 hour webinar delivered by Maria Coggins, Jessica Lawson and Trish D’Souza from Capital Law to give hints and tips about the key clauses/issues to look out for: liability, indemnities, Intellectual Property, and termination. We will explore the following issues:
- Term and Termination –to see if parties would be caught in rolling contracts.
- Limitation of Liability –to see what the parties’ total liability under the contract would be, as well as to see if any liabilities are excluded.
- Indemnities – these clauses are used to manage the risks associated with a contract, because they enable one party to be protected against the liability arising from the actions of another party.
- Intellectual Property – this clause is important to discover who owns the IP as well as to see if a party is licensing their IP and what the parties can and cannot do with IP. We would also look here for protection against claims made against the parties for wrongfully using third party IP.
- Payment Provisions –the payment clauses - unreasonable provisions, rate of interest on late payments.
- Time is of the essence –performing obligations outside the timescales stated within the contract could constitute a material breach and the other party would have the right to terminate the contract immediately.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiciton – The laws which govern a contract and in what country’s courts a claim or dispute would be heard.
- Termination – notice periods, immediate termination, formal notices and consequences of termination
There will be time for questions at the end for attendees to raise queries on any of the content covered.
PLEASE NOTE: Your name, job title, HEI/Organisation and email address will be available to Capital Law (and fellow delegates) by way of the delegate list for the purposes of following up with you after the webinar. If you DO NOT wish to appear on the delegate list please email email@example.com to confirm this.