Customs Training (11/11/20)
Date: 11th November 2020
Location: Online - 10am - 4pm
Price: £300 + VAT
Wednesday 11th November
Timings: 10am - 12pm (morning session) and 2pm - 4pm (afternoon session). There will be time for questions and discussions at the end of each session.
BUFDG is very pleased to announce that it will be running Customs training sessions in October and November, ahead of Brexit.
David Miller from The Customs People will be preparing a course specifically for the HE sector and delivering it over two sessions in one day. We will limit numbers to 25 people per day, but will run the session as many times as we need to.
This course is aimed at all staff that are involved in imports/exports within a university – it is not specific to in-house tax departments or finance teams.
The course will cover the following:
Morning Session - basics
- Basic Customs Requirements;
- Declarations – information and payments;
- Agents & responsibilities;
- Instructions and checks;
- Managing imports/exports given that many departments in a university could be involved;
- Outline of reliefs available incl. NIRU Certs and how to claim;
- Low value consignment relief
- Changes post 1st January 2021
- Changes to incoterms – who does what and the impact of this;
- What happens when own goods are being sent to the EU and returned
- What happens when goods that not been bought and moved to or from the UK.
Afternoon session – in-depth issues
- Reliefs, specifically:-
- Inward Processing – both duty and VAT only;
- Outward Processing;
- Returned Goods Relief;
- Temporary Admission;
- All of the University associated reliefs:-
- Human organs etc.
- Medical equipment
- Imports / export processes post 1st January;
- Management of customs especially as VAT still important;
- Deferred Declarations;
- Deferment Accounts;
- UK Trade Tariff;
- Valuation on goods not purchased.
Please note that in order to attend the afternoon session you will need to attend the morning session.
The cost for the course will be £300 plus VAT per person.